San Mateo County / New CDC Guidelines
Our President and CEO John Hutar is pleased to inform you that yesterday afternoon June 17, 2020, San Mateo County has now fully aligned itself to be on the same reopening schedule as the State. The Health Order is very comprehensive and we encourage you to read and understand in its entirety.
A few key take aways:
• The Shelter in Place order is rescinded.
• The new order has detailed requirements to wear masks and adhere to 6ft social distancing and requires postings of signs.
• A concept called Social Bubble: individuals may select a group of 12 individuals for the purpose of social interactions for a 3 week period limited to outside gatherings.
• Meetings and gatherings for 50 persons or less are now allowed in both in-door and outdoor settings (masks and 6ft social distancing rules apply. We are seeking clarification if multiple gatherings are allowed simultaneously.
• We are also seeking clarification how the 50 person rule applies to indoor museums.
Industries that can now join the most recent state timeline:
- Hotels (for tourism and individual travel)
- Dine-in restaurants
- Hair salons and barber shops
- Family entertainment centers
- Restaurants, wineries and bars
- Zoos and museums
- Gyms and fitness centers
- Campgrounds and outdoor recreation
- Schools and day camps
While the journey is far from over, we are excited to share this information with you. This is a lot to digest. Please don’t hesitate to reach back if you have any question. We will do our best to get timely and accurate answers.
Should any questions arise, please do not hesitate to reach out to.
National Account Executive
San Mateo County/Silicon Valley CVB