Pregnancy and Fertility — TripActions Community

Pregnancy and Fertility

So far, no pregnant women with the coronavirus have passed the virus to the child. However, the case numbers are small and the CDC still considers the risk unknown.

Due to the unknowns, the American (ASRM) and European (ESHRE) fertility societies recommend against couples pursuing new fertility treatments for now.

Comments

• Thank you, Dr. E, for addressing this! I think the scope of "compromised" people is broader than we tend to think. I have a lot of friends who are various stages of pregnancy and think about the additional stress this might be causing them. While there is little data to rely on, it seems that staying calm and healthy is the best course of action. I will be interested to see what kind of data there is available in 20 years regarding this topic.

• This is an interesting topic. My sister as well as other close friends are currently pregnant. My sister was originally thinking about a "babymoon" to Hawaii in April, which they cancelled. I am happy about that decision, haha.

• Thank you for sharing @DrMEisenberg. My sister-in-law is pregnant so we're watching this carefully.

• Thanks for sharing. My partner is 6 months pregnant with our 2nd child and has been very anxious about potential impact on our baby.