A surprising reason why Zoom and Skype won't kill business travel — TripActions Community

A surprising reason why Zoom and Skype won't kill business travel

Comments

• This was a really interesting read. The part that I found fascinating was how the research found the quality of knowledge changed when "transferred from brain to brain through lived experiences." With all of our digital tools today, it is heartening to see the fact that nothing beats being together in person.

• I think we also miss the conversations before and after that call. The connections made over dinner and during breaks. We're not as rigid in our times when we are F2F and often are limiting it to a 30 or 60-minute meeting the same way we would do with a video chat.

• Meagen, thanks for the share.

And in full agreement with Samantha and Marcey in the absolute value of F2F especially every interaction in a 30 or 60-minute window.

I'm starved to connect / re-connect in person so these articles and discussions are very encouraging to me.

• F2F, 💛 to 💕 to 👥- these much needed connections are not replaceable by tech. People are the engines to drive innovation + growth, to spark change, and even respectful disagreements can empower people to strive forward when united together towards achieving a higher goal.