Have you thought about how Online Bookings Tools articulate their value? Introducing 10 OBT personas — TripActions Community

Have you thought about how Online Bookings Tools articulate their value? Introducing 10 OBT personas

In our new, Covid-19 world, it is pretty clear that the present crisis is acting as a technology accelerator, revealing two very interesting differentiators:

• Agility & the need for speed,
  • Point of Sale (POS) Capability & how to enable "Permissible Travel" in our tools -and beyond.

This got me thinking about the tools that we are using to shop / book / manage business travel. Why this focus? Well, because those tools are the manifestation of a travel program to travelers and they are a strategic player for travel managers to drive compliance and control.

After scanning the Online Booking Tools (OBT) landscape, with the Festive Road team, we have developed 10 OBT personas to help travel managers determine the type of technology and services that echo their needs.

You might be surprised that we identified 10 OBT personas. Are there really that many out there? Maybe you’re not looking hard enough: there have been plenty of new entrants into this space! See for yourself:

If you're interested, a click will lead you to the complete blog 👇️ with a description of each persona. I'm also sharing some tips on how travel managers can assess their needs in light of the 3 OBT essentials: Content, Customer Experience (CX), and Control.

I was keen on sharing this piece with the community since we specifically design such content to spark conversation!

Thoughts?