Travel Policy - How does this support Wellbeing? — TripActions Community

Travel Policy - How does this support Wellbeing?

If you read your company travel policy/guidelines does it clearly state the following words?;

• Wellbeing
  • Health
  • Nutrition
  • Keeping Active
  • Rest and recovery
  • Sleep

I am guessing that not many will includes these words.

But it probably does say words like 'Risk', 'Security', 'Emergency' and 'Insurance'?

Do you think that policy should be evolved to encourage healthy choices as part of an overall 'WELLBEING' approach to supporting travellers?

Really interested to hear the thoughts of this community/

Comments

• YES!!!! If we want to keep our travelers traveling, we have to keep them healthy. If we want them to be working at their best when they get to their destination, we need to keep them healthy.

100 times yes!

• Agree @Matman . As much as we value soft skills in resumes for example in order to assess the "human qualities" of a candidate when a company wants to acquire new talents, we should reflect these "human pillars" in travel policies/guidelines.

One of the first things I'd advise to assess is: does your travel policy reflect your company culture?

• @Matman -- Yes.--great point. Not only is ensuring employee wellbeing the right thing to do, employees are also coming to expect this of the companies the work for. We can increase employee retention by supporting it. Each of us who touch on the employee experience in our respective companies, have a opportunity to influence how our employees are supported and helping to convey that support. Travel Policy offers one (among many) opportunities to do that.

• Absolutely. As an active road warrior, it's amazing how wellbeing of a business traveler is either under-valued or misunderstood. I agree with Kate, you can increase employee retention by treating those on the road as human beings who need to be able to prioritize work but also health and home life.

Love this discussion!

• I absolutely agree that physical health and mental wellbeing should play a role of all travel policies especially moving forward. It is especially interesting when you dive into the data about how movement, nutrition, and sleep affect performance and focus. We explore this topic in detail with @WorkWellPlayMore @Matman in the first episode of Open for Business: A Corporate T&E Podcast Powered by TripActions. If you have time to listen to the episode, I'd love to hear your thoughts!

• I absolutely agree that physical health and mental wellbeing should play a role of all travel policies especially moving forward. It is especially interesting when you dive into the data about how movement, nutrition, and sleep affect performance and focus.

We explore this topic in detail with @WorkWellPlayMore @Matman in the first episode of Open for Business: A Corporate T&E Podcast Powered by TripActions. If you have time to listen, I'd love to hear the thoughts of the community!

• I absolutely agree that physical health and mental wellbeing should play a role of all travel policies especially moving forward. It is especially interesting when you dive into the data about how movement, nutrition, and sleep affect performance and focus. We explore this topic in detail with @WorkWellPlayMore @Matman in the first episode of Open for Business: A Corporate T&E Podcast Powered by TripActions. If you have time to listen to the episode, I'd love to hear your thoughts!

• I absolutely agree that physical health and mental wellbeing should play a role of all travel policies especially moving forward. It is especially interesting when you dive into the data about how movement, nutrition, and sleep affect performance and focus.

We explore this topic in detail with @WorkWellPlayMore @Matman in the first episode of Open for Business: A Corporate T&E Podcast Powered by TripActions. If you have time to listen, I'd love to hear the thoughts of the community!