How are you keeping your grounded travelers productive at home? — TripActions Community

How are you keeping your grounded travelers productive at home?

For some travelers, their job requires F2F interaction (demos, products, oversight, etc.). For those that can't travel and don't have many tasks they can do from home, what are they doing?

I've recommended catching up on training, organizing digital files, finally clearing out the inbox, cleaning up their pipelines, and gaining expertise in an area they need help with. They can also offer help to colleagues who are underwater. These only go so far and when that's all done...then what? What are your travelers doing to keep themselves billable?

Comments

• For "grounded travelers", I think it's also a great opportunity:

1) to acquire new knowledge and maybe shadow a colleague

2) to optimize their network and also work on their professional branding. E.g. optimize their profiles on social media (LinkedIn, Twitter) and build new connections with professionals on forums like this one for example ;-)

• Oh, I love the idea of optimizing their branding and profiles. That's something that often gets missed. Thank you @Aurelie_Krau

• Glad you like the idea, @WorkWellPlayMore! I think we should think of a way to make that happen!