Pay Now vs Pay Later — TripActions Community

Pay Now vs Pay Later

Pay Now vs Pay Later: How do I avoid being charged for hotel when I arrive? I thought my company was covering travel for me?

Here’s a quick note about the difference between 'Pay Now' vs 'Pay at Hotel' Hotel Rooms. 

• Pay Now: The entire balance of the hotel room will be paid using the card that you have on file and choose to use. You will still have to present a physical card for incidentals, but if there are no extra charges at the end of your stay, the card you present upon arrival won't be charged. 
  • Pay at Hotel: The hotel room will only be reserved using the card on file. You will have to present a physical card for both incidentals AND to pay for the room - it has not yet been paid for. If you use a personal card - you will then have to get the hotel room reimbursed via your company's internal policies. 

How can I tell if a room is Pay Now or Pay Later? 

Once you are in the hotel search and have clicked on a hotel that you would like to stay at, you can filter the rooms by the type that you would like to book. You can also see it marked on the individual room. This will help ensure that you choose the correct type of room. Remember, a ‘Pay at Hotel’ room has to be paid for upon arrival with a physical card that you have on you.