Fun new activities I've tried while quarantined
Quarantined life can make you stir crazy, but it also gives you the chance to try a lot of things you wouldn’t have normally tried.
Here's a somewhat unique list of things I’ve tried:
- Make a big batch of cold brew coffee
- Because need is the mother of invention...or whatever it's called when you google something and then riffle through your cabinets to try and create a make-shift cold brew kit and then hastily follow the recipe, because you don’t feel like scrolling through it again.
- Bake yeastless bread
- Or a hard, lightly tanned, amorphous, carb lump
- Build and format a raspberry pi
- After all this effort researching, building and formatting this thing, I just realized I don’t even know what I’ll use it for
- Watch animals at the zoo
- All these ideas don’t require effort...and I mean animals...just hanging out like nothing’s changed in the world.
- Learn a new language
- No estoy loco, pero estoy hablando mucho conmigo mismo
- Remember Sporcle exists
- I’m really hoping my next meeting at work is about the capital cities of Northwestern Africa
- Download free kindle books
- Found a really cool website that lets you download kindle books for free - the public library
- Bike exploration
- This isn’t the zombie apocalypse. You can go outside and explore those empty parks and trails around you...and act like zombies.
- Morning runs
- I hate mornings. I hate running. Thinking about these things together actually makes me grunt audibly, but cabin-fever mixed with empty streets makes overly odious objectives oddly odiousless (eh, close enough)
- Virtually tour the Louvre
- Accepter les cookies, get clicking and get cultured
- Deep clean your couch with baking soda
- Like me, you’re probably spending too much time on the couch, and I do have baking soda left from that previous baking disaster...
- Start an internet radio station
- Stole this idea from a friend, and I’m vaguely enjoying his, um, peculiar musical tastes (currently listening to pan flute played over rainforest noises)
Comment with any unique diversions you’ve taken up.